3am on Monday 15th April is a time and day I will never forget. I was woken by the fire alarm ringing loudly.
I automatically remembered my fire training from the Brandon Trust and the staff team, which I followed.
I went downstairs and waited for everyone to come downstairs as well. Then Isaac who was supporting us told us to "Get out there is a fire in the kitchen".
Isaac had rung the Fire Brigade already and when we came out two engines were coming down the road.
I flagged one down to show where our house was and then the ambulance came to see if everyone was OK.
Luckily we all were.
Apparently a faulty fridge freezer had caused a major fire*
Our Manager and Team Leader were called and came out in the middle of the night and arranged for us to stay in a hotel.
I won't be able to return home for three months which I am very sad about but I am staying at another service nearby until I can return to my home with my other three friends.
I am really proud of all the staff who have helped me and my friends with everything and could not have managed without them.
I am just relieved everyone is OK, it does make you think how things could have turned out.
*The appliance had been fully PAT tested and relevant checks were up to date.