The Government has released new guidance for social care providers following the removal of all domestic COVID-19 restrictions on 1 April 2022. The following arrangements remain in place for the people we support and Brandon staff.
- Testing: People we support will no longer need to take regular tests. All staff will take twice-weekly lateral flow tests.
- Isolation for positive cases: If a person we support or staff member tests positive, isolation guidance remains in place. The length of isolation will depend on whether the individual has two consecutive negative tests from day 5 and 6 onwards.
- Isolation for close contacts: There is no longer any requirement for people to isolate if they have been a close contact of a positive case. Where staff members who are close contacts work with people who are especially vulnerable to COVID-19, a risk-assessment will be undertaken.
- PPE and Infection Control: PPE and infection control measures will remain in place.
Guidance on visiting arrangements
Detailed visiting guidance has now been removed and there are no longer any restrictions on visitors or visitor numbers. The Government has set out the following guidance around precautions for people visiting care homes:
- Visitors should continue to wear facemasks, taking into account any distress or communication issues this may cause.
- Visitors should not enter care homes if they feel unwell. Other viruses such as flu and norovirus are also dangerous to those living in care homes.
- Visitors who are providing personal care should continue to wear PPE and provide proof of a negative test result prior to visiting.
- Changes to visiting arrangements may be made in the case of a COVID outbreak.
If you need more information
- If you are someone we support, please speak to your locality manager or team leader.
- If you are someone closely connected to someone we support, please contact your locality manager who will be up to date through our staff briefings.
- If you are a candidate who has applied or going through the recruitment process, please contact the recruitment specialist for your area. Contact details can be found here.
- For all other contacts, please get in touch with the person you usually deal with here at Brandon.
- For general information on COVID-19, including symptoms and testing, please visit the NHS website
- For details on the latest restrictions and guidance, please visit the Government website.
This page was last reviewed on Friday 29 April 2022.