Update on Coronavirus for Families, Carers & Friends
From Sue Porto, Chief Executive
To all Families, Carers & Friends of people supported by Brandon,
I am writing to you with an update on Brandon’s response to Coronavirus (COVID-19).
I’m sure, like me, you have concerns about the situation the country is in and are worried about the health and wellbeing of your family.
Every day we are facing new challenges, however we are absolutely committed to keeping the people we support and our staff members as safe as possible.
We are taking all necessary actions to minimise any risk. These include:
• Actively following advice from Government, Public Health England, the NHS and the Care Quality Commission (CQC).
• Working closely with the organisations who commission our support and other providers in our sector.
• Having tools in place to allow us to communicate remotely with our staff.
• Providing staff with information for people we support.
• Senior managers meeting virtually once a day and communicating with their staff teams.
• Staff teams are being provided with specific advice and guidance by their managers and our Health & Safety team.
• All staff are provided with clear guidance and updates on a daily basis.
• Active monitoring of self-isolation.
• Continual review of our contingency plans with staff teams.
• Putting IT equipment in place to help the people we support can remain connected to their families and carers during this time.
Despite the challenges, I am constantly amazed by the outstanding commitment, strength and energy that Brandon staff are showing in continuing to provide great care. I am humbled about the stories I hear every day.
I have no doubt that the situation will get tougher, but I also do not doubt our determination to face and overcome it.
Please be assured that our absolute focus during this time is to make sure we continue to provide high quality support for your family members.
We will continue to provide you with updates. If you have specific questions, in the first instance please speak to your locality manager.
With my heartfelt best wishes,