Staff awards recognise excellence throughout Brandon
This year, to recognise and celebrate the excellence of teams and individuals across Brandon, we are launching our very own staff awards. These awards have been made possible thanks to a fund for Brandon staff set up by our first chief executive, Steve Bennett, who sadly passed away in 2004.
Everyone who works at Brandon could be nominated, including operational staff, supported employees, social enterprise staff, office support services, and bank workers.
More than 400 nominations
More than 400 teams and individuals were recognised by their colleagues, people we support, and family members, for the difference they make to people’s lives.
Each area across Brandon held a judging day where they shortlisted their finalists based on criteria aligning with the five Brandon values:
- Equip: I have what I need to succeed (be prepared, provide access, be consistent)
- Involve: Nothing about me without me (make time, be collaborative, provide choice)
- Support: I learn and grow (build confidence, advocate for others, foster community)
- Recognise: Everyone is valued (listen, make things clear, be responsive)
- Challenge: I find a way (take positive risk, be adaptable, be accountable)
Considering the number of nominations we received, it was not an easy task! The judges took their job very seriously and the finalists were revealed just before Christmas.
The judging panel, including people we support, will meet on 23 January to decide the overall winners. They will be announced at the grand finale at the Mercure Bristol Grand Hotel, on 23 February.
The five award winners will receive a beautiful, handcrafted plate made by people we support at our social enterprise, Banwell Pottery. We’ll be celebrating with a gala dinner and continue late into the evening with a DJ party.
So, who are our fantastic finalists?
We’d like to congratulate all the nominated teams and individuals. The quality of submissions was outstanding, and the judges had a difficult task choosing their area finalists.
Equip Award finalists
- Sesame Centre Team (Warwickshire)
- Karen Higham, Acting Locality Manager (Oxfordshire)
- 15 Terrapin Road Team (London)
- David Adams, Support Worker (Bristol)
- Jayne Brotherton and Ruth Bell, Project Coordinators (Weston-super-Mare)
- Chris Pryke, Support Worker (Cornwall)
- Enterprise Admin Team (Social Enterprises)
- The Adventurers (Support Services)
Involve Award finalists
- Zodwa Phiri, Support Worker (Hampshire)
- Maria Friday, Support Worker (Oxfordshire)
- Aaron Vaughan, Support Worker (London)
- Lisa Clark, Team Leader (Bristol)
- Ben Jeffery, Support Worker (Devon)
- Cathy Collins, Support Worker (Cornwall)
- Elm Tree Farm (Social Enterprises)
- Steve Richardson, Project Manager (Support Services)
Support Award finalists
- Diane Waters, Team Leader (Wiltshire)
- Zac Huband, Support Worker (Oxfordshire)
- Heathercroft Team (London)
- Sean Griffin, Team Leader (Bristol)
- ZP Service Team (North Somerset)
- Nikki Smith, Locality Manager (Plymouth)
- Banwell Pottery Team (North Somerset)
- Eve Salthouse, Compliance Coordinator (Support Services)
Recognise Award finalists
- Badgers Croft Team (Gloucestershire)
- Michelle Uzzell, Janie Jackson, and Julia Taylor, Support Workers (Oxfordshire)
- Church Lane Team (London)
- Mitchell McDonald, Support Worker (Bristol)
- Carly Sutton, Team Leader (North Somerset)
- Karen Lutz, Team Leader (Cornwall)
- Jo Cullum, Development Manager (Social Enterprises)
- IS Team (Support Services)
Challenge Award finalists
- TB Service Team (Wiltshire)
- Bekky Gale, Team Leader (Oxfordshire)
- 10a Hazelhurst Road Team (London)
- Priory Road Team (Bristol)
- @Worle Team (North Somerset)
- Scott Allen, Acting Team Leader (Cornwall)
- Retail Team (Social Enterprises)
- Yvonne Murray, Acting Director of People and Operational Development (Support Services)
We wish everyone the best of luck and hope you have a great time celebrating with your colleagues and friends.
Follow our awards on social media
We’ll be posting updates about the Brandon Awards on our social media over the coming weeks, and announcing the overall winners soon after the grand finale.